View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
danrodney
All Around Nice Guy
danrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, Nook 1st Gen, Nook Color
Widows and Orphans

In Liz Castro's book she says Adobe Digital Editions and the nook support CSS widows and orphans. I've been testing it out and can't seem to get them to work. Am I doing something wrong or do they not support it?

Here's my CSS:
Code:
html, body, p {
	widows: 2 !important;
	orphans: 2 !important;
}
I added the !important in just to see if that helped but it didn't.

Just to be clear, I want to prevent the last two words in a paragraph from breaking. I don't want one word to be all by itself on a line.

In case you want to see an example .epub I've attached one below. Please note it's a test file so there may be other things I haven't cleaned up from InDesign's ePub export. But I don't think they should affect things. Just didn't want you to think this is finished quality

Thanks in advanced for any help.
Dan
Attached Files
File Type: epub modern.epub (102.5 KB, 375 views)
danrodney is offline   Reply With Quote