View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #51
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Looks like Google has amended its sd card access system in lollipop. Now an app can ask for permission to be able to access an sdcard or a specific folder in a sdcard and get full permissions.
I think this is a better implementation. Now Apps can be sandboxed without loosing functionality.
Joy. Yet another different interface with different behaviors. Reading the API, it isn't clear exactly what one must do or what permissions are required. It does seem clear that there must be a "document provider" on the device that can walk the directory structure of the SD card, and it isn't clear where this provider comes from or how one stores the result.

Add to this the fact that we have no devices with SD cards (much less running lollipop) and that the emulator does not support SD cards, and I can't see supporting anything soon.

I really hope they didn't break the kitkat access method.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote