View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Glo: synching with the Kobo shop library

Does the Kobo Glo always insist on downloading all the books you have in your Kobo shop library? Isn't there something like the Kindle archive function?

The reason I'm asking is this: I already had quite a few books in that library before I bought a Kobo. Now that I have the Glo, I wanted to quickly sort the books in that library into different shelves. I preferred to use the shelve plugin for Calibre to do that (easier than going through the Glo interface). So I deleted all the books it had initially downloaded from the Kobo shop library, and re-uploaded them to the device from Calibre. (With the DRM removed, yes, only for my own purposes.)

But now as soon as I switch on Wifi and want to synch because I've bought a single new book, the device starts to download everything in the library again. So I'll end up with numerous duplicates of all those books, one shelved and one unshelved (and DRM'ed) copy of each. The DRM doesn't bother me, of course, but the duplication does, and the mess it will create.

Of course I can just leave wifi turned off forever and upload every book I buy through Calibre from now on. But.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote