View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #132
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
It doesn't even have to be double the current resolution--just to have a pixel density closer to the iPad 3.
It will either be double the resolution, or nothing. Fiddling around with any resolution in between, would cause enormous problems for app developers. The only reason Apple could increase the resolution on the iPhone 5, is because they also changed the device's aspect ratio. (And now all apps need to readjust to the new iPhone 5 aspect ratio, creating extra work for developers.)

But the 3:4 aspect ratio used for the iPads is just perfect. So much better than the 10:16 or (even worse) 9:16 ratio used on most Android tablets! In fact, I find the 3:4 aspect ratio to be one of the iPad's strongest selling points, quite apart from the amazing display quality.

So my prediction is: iPad mini Retina will arrive in October 2013, it will sport double the current resolution, and because the screen will be physically smaller than the current iPad 3+, it will make the new iPad mini's screen the finest display Apple (or anyone else) has ever produced. It will be yet another technological breakthrough for Apple, a milestone for the computer industry. I can't wait!
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote