Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #226
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here's an idea you may like...

We'll do the multiple choice (3 max) vote hidden for January and then an open multiple choice vote for February and we can see how both go and then decide what's what. But, when we do open voting, I'd like to have the names of who voted for what not to show.
I prefer the idea of an open vote, but I really agree with this part. At the very least, don't show who voted for each item until the end. I think these should be voted on based on the popularity/desire to read the book, not popularity of who has voted on it. We get to see who nominated books and some people will certainly second or third a book based on who nominated it if they have historically had similar tastes, but when it gets to voting I think it should be about the books.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote