View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
ntrantham
ntrantham began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
calibre-server error on fresh install (headless)

Fresh install of Debian 6 minimal.

Killed apache2.

Followed most of this tutorial:
http://forme.emibre.com/2011/01/cali...ubuntu-server/

but could not get their script to work for starting\stopping the service. I kept getting an error about unable to connect to an X server.

I have a cron job running every 5 minutes that runs my own script that just greps the running processes and looking for calibre, if running it does nothing, if not it starts it using:
Code:
/opt/calibre/calibre-server --auto-reload --with-library /home/calibre --pidfile /var/run/calibre-server.pid --port 80 --max-cover 600x800 --username calibre --password eB00k$ --daemonize
The problem I have is that when viewing the site, on occassion it just dies, then I have to wait until the next 5 minute round for cron to restart the service.

I ran the service the same way with --develop and left off the --daemonize. Waited, and here is the error:

Code:
libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Google that, and I come across a few sites suggesting that it is an error with ImageMagik generating the thumbnails. Found that this $wgMaxShellMemory setting in localsettings.php needs to be increased from default of 100MB to something.

I can not find this localsettings.php anywhere though. Where is this setting changed at?
ntrantham is offline   Reply With Quote