View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csilla View Post
I've already tried viewing hidden folders via the folder options and nothing is showing up. I've downloaded fanfiction via a downloader to html files then converting them to mobi with calibre. When I put in a nonsense string like zzzt or w.e I get indexing amount to the same as xxx amount I've put onto the kindle. Even when I load books I brought from sony store, barns and nobles I get indexing issues still? Should I maybe ask for a new one from amazon?
You need to choose the option to review protected system files and folders, not the "hidden files and folders" option. Or, (if you're using Windows) you can add "/system" to the file path in the Explorer address bar. (For ex, if your Kindle is f:/, the path would be f:/system. To do this in Vista or Win 7, click in any empty space in the Explorer address bar to make it editable.

I don't know that you need a new one, but it is possible. We've just seen a lot of indexing issues here that were resolved by finding the book or books that had issues, or by cleaning out the index folder and starting over.

If you'd rather, you can contact Kindle support and they can probably walk you through checking if it's an indexing issue or something else. You can go to the Kindle Support pages on the web site and click on the "contact us" button and have them call you, or you can call them. If you're in the US, the number is 1-866-321-8851. If you're in another country, you can call 1-206-266-0927.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote