View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #9
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I don't see how paying 4p as a delivery cost on a £5.99 ebook is "robbery". I'm actually chuffed that Amazon sets a value on the delivery cost of its product. Whatever I'm paying for an ebook, I'm also happy it includes "shipping".
If the actual delivery costs are 0.4p then it is robbery. Don't ignore this just because the amounts seem small and insignificant. The article reveals that it is quite significant for publishers (if you multiply by thousands and possibly millions of copies it get very real). They are keeping the file sizes artificially small by removing pictures. I personally would like to see the pictures even on the Kindle.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote