View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
The pdf can be transfered directly to your Nook. You can either drag and drop it into my documents folder or load it via a program like ADE or Calibre.

And yes, if you make the font bigger it will take up the whole screen and be easier to read. I personally like small font, so that is why it was like that. I had two files because when I load my ebooks into Calibre to edit the meta tags, it automatically converts it to epub. So I added the original pdf to see the difference. I actually think the pfd looks nicer.

The Kindle 3 might look a bit better with the pdf, I am not sure. Like others mentioned, you really need a pad (or maybe netbook?) to really see the pdf the way it was intended.

I think between the two it depends on your preferences. Do you prefer a physical keyboard or a touch screen? Is battery life important to you? Do you want/need a sd slot? Is size and weight important to you? Some people really don't like the touch screen, and some like me don't know what they'd do without it.
i really love the calibre thing. i downloaded it and is now playing with it.

i understand pdf can be better viewed on a netbook or the pad, but the price is nothing compare to the readers. and also most of my pdf are text. so a reader will be enough. anyway, will the 3G be able to work outside US?

keyboard or touch screen doesnt really matter. but the screen saver for nook really attracts me! LOL. battery life for few days is enough for me. so both qualifies. sd slot and weight/size, no preference.
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote