View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #10
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by riemann42 View Post
I am worried about Fictionwise and eReader.com. If they can't give micropay rebates, then they can't compete on price. If they can't compete on price, then what's the point? The site has poor selection and isn't nearly as clean as other sites (like kobo).
Kobo? Are you kidding? I think they are a horrible ebook site. Their search is crappy because it uses OR instead of AND and they don't have a cart! If you want to buy 10 books you have to buy each one, one at a time. Poor implementation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riemann42 View Post
Marcy, I have a nook and I like it. The touchscreen does turn off while reading, and makes page turns quick and easy.

As far as converting ereader docs goes, I recommend erdr2pml, then ebook-convert to convert it.
I've discovered I like my readers simple. The simpler the better. I don't like the Kindle because of the useless keyboard. It makes the device bigger for no reason. My 2 favorites are my PRS-900 and my Pocketbook360 because they are essentially all screen. They have no extraneous real estate outside the reading area. I though I would miss the touch screen to turn pages on the Pocketbook but I don't. Since it rotates 360, I can put the page turn button wherever it is convenient.

Thanks for the ebook-convert info! I was using erdr2pml, then xpml2xhtml and that gave a mess. Just importing the pml into Calibre and converting from there is much easier! Now I can actually buy the ereader books if they are the only option! Thanks again!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote