View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #35
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
Smaller stores (In shopping areas as opposed to a bookstore set apart from businesses, requiring one to travel expressly for the purpose of visiting said store) would increase visibility and encourage visits. Netflix contributed to Blockbuster going out of business but people still dig through the DVD bins in their local supermarket.

Also, I thought B.Dalton and Waldenbooks complemented each other well. This was back in the late 90s so I obviously don't have as much experience as most of you but I seem to remember B. Dalton having more non-fiction and Waldenbooks having the fiction. Maybe they didn't have all the books but I guess they were the only stores I had before I moved to a big city and I could always find/order anything I wanted. There was also a used bookstore in the older downtown shopping area outside the mall, about a block away. Between these three stores and the library I never felt like I was missing out on anything.

Of course it doesn't compare to my first trip to San Francisco, going to Berkeley and having an entire street full of used bookstores. It's a good thing I didn't have bills in those days
Your first statement makes no sense to me. Yes, B&N is a separate building or is sometimes the cornerstone store. I have yet to see one sitting off by itself in a non-shopping district. The one is Corpus Christi is surrounded by other big stores and restaurants. The one in Midland has a shoe store, not sure what other stores, Best Buy, Olive Garden, IHOP and the big stand alone building on the other end is the library. Now it is at the higher end of the shopping district. I just realized that. The mall is in the middle.
You could make a loop and hit all the big box stores. Half are on one side of the street and the other are on the other side. This includes 2 grocery stores, Sam's Club and Walmart.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote