View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:44 AM   #34
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
Just curious - was there a way you could pass on that feedback to the company? When I began my career in IT I appreciated that every call was accounted for. I usually assume giving comments to in-store personnel is energy lost in the wind
Well, to be fair to B&N, the information booth isn't really intended to handle mistaken complaints based on another company's business decisions I would tell the people it was because the store owner was building a bigger store in the new place across the street.

Now, if you are asking about the possibility to pass genuine complaints/suggestions on, I could tell my supervisor about them.

Really the typical inquiry was along the lines of 'what author wrote Brokeback Mountain, and do you have the book in stock?' (that was a big movie when I worked there) or 'I can't find Valley of the Dolls. Do you know if the Willowbrook store has it in stock?'

One compliment I will give to the store I worked at. We had the Waldenbooks (and later Borders) number handy and would call to see if they had a book that we didn't. Of course we could order the book, but so could Amazon. The customer is at a store because they want it now.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 12-07-2017 at 10:47 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote