View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Australia (and Australians) are used to being treated badly by publishers, hence why the POD service was a bust.
Dunno if I'll be able to use their service with my current liseuse (they're dreaming if they think I'm buying another).
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Borders has been selling ebook readers online for some time now, I doubt they've sold many given their current prices - $625.95 for a Bebook Mini (seriously!), $647.95 for a Sony PRS-300 and $898.95 for the Sony PRS-600.

These prices are well above anywhere you can get these devices in Australia. Our prices are already over-inflated and Borders makes it even worse.

I can't wait to see what they come up with. If their books are reasonably priced I'll be happy to buy from them. However, they missed the chance to sell me a reader as my Pocketbook 360 arrived this afternoon for half the price (including shipping) of anything else offered by them currently.

I'm with everyone else - Australian retailers regularly price themselves out of the market and we find cheaper ways to get what we want.
Those prices you quoted are just plain highway robbery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Ultimately the consumer will decide being code for :

This is Australia, so we'll charge a lot more, unless no-one buys at all.
Usually one leads to the other. But hey, this is Australia: we left all the shopkeepers back in England
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote