View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
interesting article. it's great that make a point of talking about the format war (or "tower of e-babel") because i suspect many consumers aren't too aware of that. and it's probably the biggest hurdle ebooks have to overcome in the near future (there are a few other ones like drm and prices but format is very important). the good news is that at least in europe epub is making huge strides, as this quote seems to attest :

i really think it's now more a question of "when" than "whether" for epub, which is great news.
I wonder if we'll have a continental division over this? North America - Amazon formats. Europe - ePub. Amazon won't be able to penetrate a market that's already decided upon a format, unless they include that format when they launch.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote