View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #643
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
red and green leds don't put out UV.
They might however, put out IR 'light'.

@Plumadona how did you get your 1000 books on the Oasis?
I done 100 books, 10 at a time from the browser, and it took forever!
Pressing 'sync', doesn't really sync the books to the device.

I like how the screen saver doesn't turn on easily anymore.
Hated the swipe to unlock feat, but with ~ds I think I might just see my ebook.

Things I do hate about the oasis:
1- Cold feeling metal back (also heavier than plastic)
2- Non-removable battery (seems like yet another 3 years lasting device, before garbage-ing it).
3- The swipe to unlock feat. (see point 4)
4- Finger smudges are so visible on this screen, especially around the black border
5- Battery life is well below 10% of how long I wanted it to last. Yes, I'm thinking 30 days, not 3 days!
6- Screen light stays on, even at setting zero!
7- No night mode screen light (screen light is bright white, not adjustable to a more yellowish tint)
8- Sleeve doesn't expand battery life
9- Almost zero choices available for the new Oasis sleeves.
10- Price, Price, and price! For the hardware that it has, it should be compared to a 5 years old smartphone (or older), so the hardware should be dirt cheap.
It doesn't even have a full 8GB available (only 6GB available).

If they were smart, they could make the oasis literally for a few pennies and a dollar!
Sell them for $50, and still make profit; for real,
No charger included either.
$50 isn't too much for a reader like this.
$250 is about 5x too much.

Am I a happy camper?
Not really.
I feel like people that bought an original IPhone, when it came out.
Spent a buckload of money, only to see it being outdated, and well overpriced 6 months later.

You can buy cases from non amazon companies on ebay. I do not see fingerprints on mine and i do not feel cold metal unless my apartment is cold or if it is near a draft for a while. I do agree on the battery. I think it is Bullsh*t for Amazon to claim 6 weeks. I keep mine on airplane mode, light setting is between 10 and 14 and I read 30 minutes to an hour a day. sometimes less I should thus get at least 2 to 3 weeks between charges. I charge it once or twice a week. I mean its no big deal but the fact they advertise otherwise is a big deal

I do not understand the difficulty to get books on your device. it sync's up when yu first register it and you have to tap the bottom of book image and it downloads.

I like my Nook Glowlight 3. Has orange screen for night reading

Last edited by HLS; 12-26-2017 at 10:50 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote