View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #637
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by vostro View Post
i feel contrast ratio plays much more important role on feeling clearer than dpi.
my kobo touch (A, not B or C) looks much clearer than H2O or oasis 2 in room light because it has highest contrast ratio despite it has lowest dpi.
DPI has been less of an issue in most cases indeed. I have a 320x240 pix LED ebook reader, and can read ebooks fine on it.
The main issue is when you get font sizes below 10pt, they noticeably become grainier.
10-12 pt was the smallest on that 320x240 pix device to read, and I believe 7pt is about the smallest you can read on modern e-ink screens.

The larger the size, the lower the DPI is, to give similar imagery (eg: the Oasis has a 7" 300DPI screen, which would be harder to read, than a 14" screen at 150DPI.
Either screen will be able to display a minimum pt of around 7pt, but the 14" will look significantly grainier, despite it being easier to read.

DPI becomes an issue when trying to squeeze as much text in a window as possible.
For people who have good eyes, 300DPI is good, but 200DPI or below is barely able to show fluid (non-jagged) text lines.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote