View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #462
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
I would do it in Kobo itself. I would create a little bash script that starts at boot and check the db every X hours and backup it if it's changed and not corrupted, otherwise create a log file, that should be displayed as a new book. The problem is only how to consistently check if you have to create the log file or not...
Doing it on the device is a completely different thing. It shouldn't be hard to do the check and copy, but notifying the user is different. I can't remember if I have seen a way to do this mentioned in Kobo developers forum.

Adding a log as a book is easy, but getting it displayed on the list is a problem. You would have to trigger something to process the book and add it to the library. There has been some discussion of this but I don't think there was a satisfactory solution.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote