View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #287
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Has anyone else tried Volume+ ?

Features
* On/Off toggle
* Volume Boost
* EQ pre-sets
* Bass Enhancer
* Virtual Room Effect (VRE -- Echo)

It's available free from the developer and on the Android Market (free and not free/a £1 donation).

It comes with a disclaimer:
Quote:
By downloading Volume+ you agree to the fact that, as this app exploits the EQ API included in Gingerbread and it is not meant to be achieved under normal circumstances, I am NOT to be held responsible for anything negative that may occur by using this app, such as breakage to your phone or phone’s speaker, however unlikely it might be.
I will also take no responsibility for any damage that may occur to your hearing with the new features included in v1.5 onwards. This app will now allow you to boost the volume of the headset, bluetooth headset and modify the inbuilt EQ settings. As a result, you can now increase the volume of the headset/bluetooth headset way above the recommended maximum and so, may cause permanent damage to your headphones and/or hearing. Everything mentioned above relates directly to Volume+ but also applies to Louder Volume Hack.
If you miss the frankly ridiculously short trial period of 15 minutes then you may not be able to refund your purchase yourself. If you really, REALLY want your £1.00 back then e-mail me and I’ll refund it, or donate it to charity (it depends on whether i think you deserve it).
I also will no longer be taking payments via Paypal, as my application is available for free on here, but feel free to send donations if you think i deserve it!
…You also agree to make me cakes upon request.
Thanks

Meltus
At low levels of boost, maybe +1 or +2, this seems to have potential for the Fire as a media player when the stock volume level is just too low.
Athens80 is offline   Reply With Quote