View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #35
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
ISo, if the original .prc file contains good clean code it is a quick and easy task to clean up the resultant html. But if it contains bad outdated code then it aint so easy.
They have a great acronym for this: GIGO! (Garbage in Garbage out)

Quote:
I understand that the code generated by say, BookDesigner is adequate in creating good looking ebooks but a peek under the hood reveals out of date bloated code. My aim is to future proof my html files with good clean code that will render faster, reduce size and convert to any format for most reading devices.

Thank you and well done nrapallo for your makedocN converter. I shall be using it frequently.
Thank you for the compliments. I abandoned use of 'makedocN' when I stumbled upon 'mobi2html' since I do like to have working links with anchors, advanced .prc parsing for say Title, Author, Category, Cover Image, Thumbnail Image, etc...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think someone else would find it useful and only posted it here, as an alternative, to view the resulting unaltered .html inside a .prc. You, have made my day!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote