View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #30
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
Having worked for a few software vendors over the years, I've seen the issue from the inside. Existing customers get short shrift because they don't really bring much money in through the door while the new product development does generate revenue.

But the speed that this marketplace is moving has probably thrown 9/10 of Kobo's business plan from last winter into the dumpster. Who would have dreamed that Kindle would not only meet, but undercut Kobo's $149 price with a device that still has wireless connectivity? That's gotta put some serious pressure on the R&D guys.

On the other hand, you'd have to have had you head buried in the sand up to your waist for the past 30 years to not understand that early adopters ALWAYS take it on the chin in this respect. You pay too much, and the gizmo's obsolete before you know what happened. So suck it up - and I say that as one of them. I bought mine on the 2nd day they were on sale.
Suck it up? That's your best advice?
I understand that early adopters take it on the chin, it's just that most early adopters get the device they were told they were buying, not something that can't perform as advertised. Not even Apple would have the nerve to release new hardware less then 6 months after the launch of a new device.

Last edited by Duiker; 10-29-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote