View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Exclamation EB600: Not even a green light. Is it dead?

Currently my Elonex 600EB reader seems dead: No green light when pushing ON button, reset does not work either. It charges (red light), but I think it's just hardware. I assume software/firmware is messed-up.

My story:

Couple weeks ago I bought Elonex 600EB reader with faulty firmware. I've manage to update it with Cool-er firmware. It was working fine and all, but it was not enough for me - wanted to try something else. Found out that it's almost the same as Foxit eSlick reader, and my Elonex can go to some "SEC S3C24X0A SMDK B/D" mode. I went on to try eSlick firmware with their updater. First phase was successful. Or I thought so. After that my Elonex reader seems dead.

Could any one explain a bit about the update process? Did it messed up bootloader?
Is there any way to revive it? Serial cable (or boot loader is needed for that as well)? Any ideas?
Thanks.

Domas
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote