View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
monkbythesea
monkbythesea began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The "save to Disk" feature should only be used to EXPORT a file from Calibre. Using it to save books back to the Calibre internal library filestore can cause complications as the calibre database and filstore get out of sync.

Note that if you change metadata such as author or title calibre will automatically move the book to another folder in it's own filestore. You have no control over the names used in the calibre internal library files.
Thank you for clearing that up. I guess i just need to leave the Calibre internal library alone. The eReader I use for my Windows Mobile phone already has a folder structure that i was trying to get Calibre to use. Using Calibre on dekstop may not require you to ever use your folder library to access your books, but the same is not true on my device. It loads books exactly as the folder is named and it does not recognize tags, metadata, etc. And unfortunately is the only reader that has the features I like. So i was trying to get the two folder strcutures as similar as possible. Though it looks as though I can't, I think you guys have led me in right direction. I will leave Calibre internal libray alone and use the "save to disk" feature to save books onto my device with the "save template" adjusted so that the folder structure is what my device eRreader requires.

So thank you everyone for all the help!
monkbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote