View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
monkbythesea
monkbythesea began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile
Question

Thanks Dwathny! It worked. It was the last step, the "Save to Disk" feature that I did not do. Noe folders have the hierarchy I specified.

However, the "save to disk" feature is a MANUAL one. I assumed after I importing a book into Calibre and editing the metadata, that the respective changes to the folder hierarchy would take effect AUTOMATICALLY or athe least a new folder would be made and the old one deleted in the default Calibre Library folder. If I want Calibre to change to original imported folder it makes with the correct information then i have to manually specify that folder location to save to and then manually delete the old folder?

Is this the process a Calibre user follows to edit/organize an book:
1. specify/customize "save template"........only do 1st time
2. import book into Calibre
3. edit metadata and add covers
4. "save to disk"...........in my case, I save it to the default Calibre file wherein there is already the original of this file with incorrect folder hierarchy and names.
5. Delete original folder, only edited folder remains..................this can only be done manually?

If so, then so be it. I'm still learning and just thought that it was somehow automated and I was doing someting wrong.

Last edited by monkbythesea; 08-02-2010 at 06:15 PM.
monkbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote