View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #255
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
One of the hardest things about the Boyue Likebook Plus (I actually have the Icarus with Boyue firmware) is that there only seems to be one case designed for the reader on ali express for 18.98. I also happened to choose this model to occasionally type on it. It matched well with the logitech k380, but as portable bluetooth keyboard go the k380 is on the heavy side and it doesn't fold.
I decided to experiment a bit and may have gotten lucky. The Boyue LIkebook 7.8 has very similar though not identical dimensions to the Ipad Mini. The Brydge mini blueooth keyboard is made expressly for the Ipad mini, but I happened to find one cheap through E-bay and tried it.
It does pair with the Likebook 7.8, the e-reader fits the clips pretty well (I'm a little nervous about the fit though because of the pressure against the rubberized frame). It does fit, though it's not a perfect clamshell fit: the Likebook is a little shorter and noticeably wider.
I use Jotter Pad, google drive, bluetooth always on, along with screen rotation software and it seems to work pretty well as a mini-Ereader based word processor.
One of the surprise bonuses is that the right arrow key on the keyboard will turn the pages if I use it as a reader. It actually allows for no-handed reading in bed and the arrow key does a better job of dependably turning the pages than swiping my finger. I actually prefer reading books in landscape mode. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BLg...CTQVyOiPt/view
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	likebookbrydge.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	611.9 KB
ID:	165507  

Last edited by airbus02; 08-10-2018 at 12:01 AM.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote