View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know if newer versions of ADE (past 2.x) will choke or not. We do know ADE ignores the entire CSS if there is an error and if ADE thinks this is an error, then the entire CSS will be ignored.
And we know ADE is buggy

I often use properties that are not strictly part of CSS 2 or ePub 2 (visibility, opacity, text-transform, hyphens...), and I don't recall ADE having a problem with them, other than ignoring them. It does ignore the whole CSS if there is a syntax error, like a missing semicolon or wrong units in a value, but that's different.

So, my advice with CSS: use whatever you want, validate and test with ADE. If it's not seriously broken, go ahead.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote