View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It appears that you have discovered a bug in Kindle Previewer 3. When it converts your test book to KFX format for enhanced typesetting it puts the wrong font family name in the heading style.

Doing some trial and error testing I found that eliminating the "first-line" selector from your stylesheet prevents the problem. It seems to trigger the bug somehow, even though it isn't being used on the problem content. Very strange.
Of course, I have no idea whether Amazon’s own conversion routines have the same bug, so…

BTW, how were you able to examine the KFX file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
BTW, according to page 83 of the Kindle Publishing Guidelines, the first-line selector isn't officially supported anyway, even though Webkit displays it (and many other unsupported pseudo selectors) just fine.
Thanks; I never noticed that. I’d tested the earlier version of the book (the released version, without the custom fonts) and the first-line selector worked fine on my Kindle Fire HD—but I guess that’s using Webkit under the hood?

Time to talk to the customer about trade-offs. Shame; I was hoping this would be an easy addition, and make the e-books look just that little bit more like the print versions.
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote