View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by curstpriest View Post
Like I said.. If the PDF is a complex textbook with diagrams/color, an E-ink display will just not cut it, otherwise a large E-ink display will do. 6-in E-ink will always be useless for PDF documents (they are made to be printed on 8.5x11 - A4/letter - paper)
Most of my PDF reading are short academic papers about computer science. Some of them have graphics and/or tables and, in this case, I have seen that converting them to epub is not always a good idea. But other papers convert reasonably well.

I read in my laptop but it's tiring because the LCD screen and because I like to read in bed The DXG is expensive (my laptop cost me about $30 less!) and I have read it has even less PDF support than the new 6" kindles.

So, I think I will check a 6" ereader, and I'm trying to decide which one between the PRS-650 or the kindle is the lesser of two evils. In the end, if the chosen one turns to be useless for PDF, I can always read some fiction on it
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote