View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #8
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Thanks for the replies. This is only a minor thing, it doesn't really affect anything materially. My guess is that most books that cross series are primarily in one series, with just an occasional mention of a character from a different series. I don't really know, but that's my guess. I have read books out of order before as might accidentally happen with these cross-series books. For the books I've personally read, it's not a big deal.

Since I tend to read action/adventure type of books, each book is usually a totally new adventure that just happens to have characters with the same names as the previous adventure, so you feel at home with it. But in terms of affecting the plot, not in my experience, not with the book series that I have read. I'm sure the experience may change with different series/different authors.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote