View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #284
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
My God man!
That is worse than when I was seriously dating 4 women.
I was divorcing 1 but not sure about it, engaged to another and not sure of it, and two more I was juggling in case I changed my mind, and of course was still on the look out.
SeaKing:

Can you be "seriously dating" a woman you're divorcing?

;-)

Yeah, it's a rumble in the bumble around here, but we haven't found anything else that really "makes that dog hunt," as they say. I looked at MS Dynamics, for a CSR system, which I thought, "well, cool, I can integrate that straight to a Sharepoint system," right up to the point that one of MS's "partners" told me--I swear, I am not making this up--that they wanted $6K (yes, six thousand buckeroos, not pesos) for installing our TWO EMAIL ADDRESSES. Now, I'm as flexible as the next person, somewhat--and I have a healthy regard for the capitalistic rights of anyone to earn a buck, but six thou? I literally started laughing on the phone with them, and told these two bozos who were trying to tag-team me that they'd been playing with OPM for far too long. That I was a small business, not bloody IBM. The manual for Dynamics is about 1500 pages long--all to do nothing but set statuses on various communications and send canned emails.

The Dynamics system is actually sales-oriented, which isn't what I was seeking--I wanted something more industrial-strength in terms of handling our masses of email--but the $6K was to "make two email addresses work" and install a browser-based version of Outlook (Outlook360). I mean, seriously? SIX GRAND? Oish. For 6 thou I'd put on rollerblades and run the damn messages up and down the halls. The whole point was to have a web-based email interface for me and my admin people. so we could all work out of the same email at the same time--that's it. Not invent a whole new email system and BUY a blade-server. Dolts. Thus, Desk. It's not wondrous, but it's okay. I saw a Russian product I thought about...but then, having a smart moment for a change, I said, "hmmm...nyet." ;-)

Hitch