View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #278
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
I have NOT played with W8 yet, but form what I can tell, it's difficult to have several windows across multiple monitors with the new interface. And I simply don't trust that they won't pull an Apple, and do away with the interface that works in the next iteration because they know my needs better than I do.

As a user of a LOT of information, I need multiple programs going at a time, whilst also having a reference PDF (or two or more) open in order to do my job effectively. I'm sure coders go through the same type of thing.

The inability to multi-multi-task will kill most users of CAD type software, particularly when you start getting into CAE software, or god help us, CFD analysis.
Why would you think that it's difficult to have several windows across multiple monitors? I do that all the time. I also have multiple programs going at the same time with no problem. Maybe you're thinking of Windows RT with these limitations? (I don't have a WinRT machine here, I've only played with one briefly in a store)

Shari