View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #277
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Why would Windows 8 make a difference for CAD? Good old Windows is still there to run their software as-is, and CAD software is sufficiently specialized that people will go out and shop for it (i.e. they don't have to play by Microsoft's rules to sell in Microsoft's store).
I have NOT played with W8 yet, but form what I can tell, it's difficult to have several windows across multiple monitors with the new interface. And I simply don't trust that they won't pull an Apple, and do away with the interface that works in the next iteration because they know my needs better than I do.

As a user of a LOT of information, I need multiple programs going at a time, whilst also having a reference PDF (or two or more) open in order to do my job effectively. I'm sure coders go through the same type of thing.

The inability to multi-multi-task will kill most users of CAD type software, particularly when you start getting into CAE software, or god help us, CFD analysis.