View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyak View Post
I have a Pocketbook 301+ and so far, it seems okay. I don't know how hot I am on it, though.

For one, it's super flimsy. The only other two ereaders I've used are a Sony PRS-505 & my wife's Sony PRS-300, both of which are extremely robust. I've traveled the world with my PRS-505, dropped it, had it dropped, had it in the Arctic Circle (which means it froze when I walked at -50+ degrees F) & more, and it still works fine. I'm afraid to take this Pocketbook outside...I'm rough on things & this doesn't feel like it will take my lifestyle (i.e., "Oops! I dropped my ereader, again).
I don't know what a Pocketbook 301 is like in the flesh, but Sony does make the sturdiest ereaders around. No other brand comes close. The metal casing is like a fortress and makes the reader look and feel really classy.

I love my PB360 and also love how light it is compared to my Sonys, but they have it way beat in the well-built department. Plastic just can't compare to metal.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote