View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 02:22 PM   #32
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I enjoyed this and I thought it easily funny enough to qualify as humor. I especially enjoyed the wordplay and the baseball bits, as I thought the father/son story was pretty standard stuff but good enough to be the basis for the flights of fancy which were quite entertaining. I also thought he managed the time shifts quite capably and organically.

Some of the 70s "product placements" seemed a little forced when they weren't entirely, well, wrong. Just as one example, "Frusen Glädjé" wasn't even sold until the early 80s. Did Duchovny's memory fail him (and he fail to verify) or did he just like the sound of it and not care?

I really don't see how he could put San Gennaro on the LES when everyone knows it's in Little Italy!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote