View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
cat8864
cat8864 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There was a firmware release recently that had significant performance problems, but, the problems were not in the areas you saw and you would have been extremely unlucky to see a Kobo device running this firmware.
I bought both Kobo's in May (2017) and they both had the 4.3 update from February with the new home screen layout. I remember seeing some mentions of speed issues but the majority of it was regarding the "annoying" home screen (which I found tolerable), sync issues and collections disappearing. The general consensus was "just do a factory reset" which wasn't an option with a brand new device.

Although the 4.6 update from yesterday seems to have sped things up again according to initial reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Are Pocketbook devices available in Canada?[...]
Very promising. Truthfully I'd forgotten about the Pocketbook. There's a US/CDN website for advertising purposes but you can't actually purchase from it and messaging them resulted in "PocketBook doesn't have official rep in Canada or the US. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to ship to this countries from EU or Hong Kong". I did hunt one down on https://www.grooves.land which ships internationally.

I've ordered the Pocketbook Touch HD but I'll keep an eye on the H20 reviews and this forum until I've gotten the Pocketbook working.
cat8864 is offline   Reply With Quote