View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
write-access --> a conundrum and very frustrating

I have:
Voyage FW 5.8.7

With this tutorial I got READING-access for the file system. I use a MAC, Transmit as client and Telnet.

I wanted to edit some file in opt/amazon/ebook/...
I struggled with write-access until I figured out to use Telnet:

I startet Telnet in a Terminal-window 'telnet 192.168.15.244'.
Then read the info comming at the beginning:
'Rootfs is mounted read-only. Invoke mntroot rw...'
Ok, typing in the terminal 'mntroot rw' solved the problem! Hurra - writing-access. Problem solved.

Until now... I want to edit this path:
/urs/java/lib/fonts/...
Doing the Voodoo above --> no writing-access. This behaviour is very frustrating for me!
Edit: problem not solved but clear why: different folder do have limmited space, very limmited space...

Any ideas and hints?

Thank you!

Last edited by Analogus; 01-15-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote