View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #8
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you're in the UK, you can't buy a Kindle from amazon.com; the site will just tell you to buy from amazon.co.uk.
To elaborate on my earlier reply -- I have no problem buying from amazon.com while in Canada and I'm too lazy to VPN to UK to see if things change if I've had a UK-based IP, but I doubt anything will change (as long as you have a billing address in the country where you want to make a purchase, which is the only restriction for Amazon afaik).

I don't think there's a single online geo-restriction now which cannot be beaten, I think Google is the hardest because if you have an Android phone they know who is your native provider, despite the IP, but even with Google I'm able to get the US-only content for free from the Play Store while in Canada.

Anyways there're ways to buy US-only Kindle from outside of the US (and I've been doing it for years) and then either pick it up in US or use a mail forwarding service. Who dares wins.

PS. There're even quite a few free VPN services, although most with the very modest monthly limit, it is usually more than enough to make 10 or so orders.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote