View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Angry HarperCollins ebooks double the paperback price?

I went to Fictionwise today, eagerly anticipating being able to order the new books by Eloisa James and Kathryn Caskie, both Avon romance authors. I'd saved money in my monthly Micropay budget just for this reason. So imagine my surprise...and ANGER...when I discovered that the books, which I'd anticipated spending fourteen dollars for total, were almost thirteen dollars apiece. The freaking paperbacks will only be seven, and that's only if I don't find them cheaper at Walmart!!!

Is HarperCollins looking to tick off their ebook customer base? In this economy??? There's no way I'm paying that price for them. I'm half tempted to wait until I find the books at a used book store rather than give HarperCollins a dime for them, even if it does hurt the authors. I don't have the money to be spending thirteen bucks for a book that's only worth seven.

And what kills me is that on their main website, the price is listed as $7.99 for the ebook. When you follow the link to their ebook site, it's $14.99. Try figuring that one out.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote