View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Are you happy with your Boox's screen?

Hello guys,
I finally bought Boox after waiting for so long. The first unit I received had screen issues when exposed to the sun. Old story and I just immediately sent the unit for replacement.
I got the replacement and started reading. I read in a shade, in my office, at home, outside under the sun, with refresh ON/OFF but I didnt find the comfort of reading I was expecting from Boox. The screen is very grey. I didnt expect it to be white but I didnt expect it to be that grey either. Also it has quite a bit of glare. Even the Nook I tested a month ago had whiter, brighter screen I think. So now I am just thinking of selling the unit and getting Kindle 3, Sony or others with better screens. I guess screen contrast is mostly hardware issue and software update will unlikely make it better. I have the latest update BTW.
So is it just me? Or may be somebody else has the same thoughts. Thanks a lot for your input.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote