Thread: Sigil v0.1.5
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #40
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwalia View Post
is it me or sigil now feels even more slower than the previous version. Everytime I click a delete it takes atleast 7-10 secs to actually do some action. It's an amazing software for what it does but performance on mac sucks compared to windows. I have used it both on macbook pro and a dell 4 year old laptop and dell blows MBP out of the window in sigil's performance. FYI I am running sigil on unibody MBP running Snow Leopard. If anyone knows any tip to run it faster please share.
Performance should be better compared to the previous release. But you're saying it's fast on Windows and slow on Mac OS X? Hm... weird.

Then again, I don't have a Mac to test/develop on. I develop on Win7 x64 with a Ubuntu box nearby. To build the Mac version I have to bug a friend to lend me his MacBook for an hour.

But what do you exactly mean by "delete"? Backspace/delete a character in Book View or Code View or are you referring to deleting whole passages? And have you tested it on the same book, the same text to delete and in the same place in the book on both OS's?

You'll need to provide more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
The Page Up and Page down keys still don't work in the text editor/browser. Pickey, pickey, pickey.
I haven't gotten around to it yet. Sorry. Here, I'm marking it for 0.1.6.

It really is a rather simple and obvious thing to have, and it should have been added sooner.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote