Thread: jetBook screen
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I have the OEM version of the Jetbook. It has the same hardware, just different software. I also have the Kindle. I think the screen on the Jetbook is better.
So what is your OEM version of the JetBook called?

Is the firmware available for download, and would it work on the JetBook? Does it have any advantages (like, does it support DRM?) or disadvantages (like, no search capability) over the JetBook firmware?

Since the JetBook is essentially a Linux device, the only thing preventing a Linux wizard (which I'm not one of) from cooking his/her own ROM is the availability of hardware drivers.

I think this discussion properly belongs over in the DEV HUB section or the E-Book Devices forums, since none of those exist for the JetBook, here is as good a place to start as any.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote