View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
"Compact PDF" on K-M copiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
What "compact PDF" most likely does is just run some lossless compression on the scans resulting in no loss in quality. While just exporting as a "normal PDF" would be exporting the uncompressed image files.
I was amazed at how small the "Compact PDF" files come out on Konica-Minolta copiers, so I checked them out a little. A normal PDF output on Konica-Minoltas uses a JPEG-embedded (I think) PDF with typical quality settings for readability and several bits per color component, but "Compact PDF" compresses even further by dropping the bits-per-pixel considerably. I noticed with one document where I had red markings on an otherwise black-and-white document, "Compact PDF" stored the PDF in two layers--a black-and-white layer and a red layer, each one with very few bits per color.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote