View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #141
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
There are no real numbers. NYT never said that 19 million was the number of displays that had been ordered, that is just something that you are sure that they are implying.
The NYT's article is saying 19 million were originally ordered. When I name the publication, as opposed to the sources, it also means the people they are using as sources in the article. So it is referring to Semenza and his supply chain sources as well. I thought that was understood.

Semenza in the NYT's article is saying 19 million were originally ordered for January. So the NYT's is essentially saying it too.

Quote:
Right, because he is really going to give an estimate now, so close to the day when Apple will show their results, to point out how wrong he can be not just in predicting the market trends, but in figuring out how the market was last quarter.
Regardless of why he hasn't lowered his Q4 2012 estimate, you are at least admitting it was incorrect when you said in your prior comment that he had lowered it.

Quote:
So in your opinion one quarter's sales don't have an impact on next quarter's order?
I never said that. I said from all the evidence, it appears Semenza revised his estimates for Q1 2013 based on the cuts in orders in January.

Quote:
You are seriously saying that by pointing out the obviously huge flaw in the argument I'm essentially agreeing with it?
You parroted the argument given in the hypothetical!

--Pat