View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #689
adi23
adi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle touch KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The posted output reads as if the prompt is not issued until **after** u-boot tries to start the mDDR ram.

Which seems sort of dumb, why have recovery features that don't work when the system needs to be recovered?
^^^ A rhetorical question for lab126 ^^^

Yes, because of this fail i can't set the idme var in U-Boot command line, the serial can only receive informations from the device.

The only solution i can think is to have a custom u-boot with idme vars already known, so i can boot and set back my old values (i have already recovered them from old logs).

I have searched in the u-boot sources and it seems that modifying some idme functions to use default values for idme vars instead of loading them from memory should work, but probably it's much more to code than this. The first problem is that i can't find a complete guide for how should u-boot be build to binaries. Can anyone help me with a guide for this or maybe with modified u-boot so i can change back my idme vars?

Thank you
adi23 is offline   Reply With Quote