View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #73
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
And in fact, if I'm reading the of the current LoC rule-making hearing transcripts correctly (and I may not be, since Harmon is certainly right about one thing: lawyers sure can obfuscate....) they have more than once said that a exemption rule is not needed to allow something that's not already prohibited. i.e., they are not going to make an exemption rule merely to affirm or clarify, which means if they agree with Harmon, and they read the law as to NOT prohibiting personal stripping for non infringing uses, then they are unlikely to make a rule that states it IS permitted, which would be a little disappointing, because a judge could still disagree if it ever came up, and a rule would effectively settle the matter. We'll see.
Yep, I think that's exactly correct.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote