View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #122
adampatch
adampatch began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi, I've had mplayer installed on my kindle for a few days. It's great, thanks, but there does seem to be a problem.

After it's been running for a while it stops playing and nothing short of a kindle restart can get it going again. I try stop (^MS) then start (^MA) and various other combinations. Nothing. At first i thought it might coincide witht he kindle going to sleep/screensaver mode but it doesn't, it happens 5-10 minutes after this.

My friend who installed this on her kindle on the same day has exactly the same problem. We both have version 3.3 of the firmware.

Anyone know what's happening and how to fix it?

I also have a feature request. It's good to have random mode (the main reason i installed it) but it would be to be able to turn it off again. I often put my whole playlist on random but suddenly a particular song pops up ad i decide i want to play the rest of the album that song is on ie. go from random to continuous mode. I'm fairly sure you can do this with mplayer and if i was a bit less useless i could possibly implement this myself...

Anyway, thanks again
adampatch is offline   Reply With Quote