View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #105
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
It seems like there are some strange bugs when the output is set to GIF. And some minor bugs with landscape pages when border=true and rotate=false.

The following chart may help explain what is happening (I need to use my free time more wisely :

The input are a portrait and a landscape page from the web comic Octopus Pie. If you want to see the actual input and output images and properties files, see the attached zip.

It looks like some sort of extra black border is being applied to the GIF images to cause them to be bigger than the target size.

Another major thing is that the created GIFs are unreadable on my Kindle but are okay on my PC. When I simply ran "convert.exe 0000.png 0000.gif", that gif views fine on the Kindle so it must be some extra steps in Canti causing the problem. Progressive gif?

Another thing is that the generated xxxxx.manga_save file always specifies the filename extension as .PNG, despite the output in canti set for .JPG or .GIF. Is this expected? It seems to cause a strange bug on the Kindle where trying to view the gif makes it show the last screen saver image. Buffer overflow?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	testimagechart.png
Views:	856
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	59826  
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestImages.zip (10.91 MB, 220 views)
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote