View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #135
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalandar View Post
As a consumer, I WANT sites I use to be profitable.
If you're not paying for the service, you're not the customer, you're the product. This isn't necessarily bad, so long as you understand the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalandar View Post
If being able to show me ads that are more likely to be of interest to me helps them get the revenue they need to keep providing the services I go to them for, or the content I go to them for, I have zero problem with that.
I'd rather see ads for stuff I might want to buy than ads for stuff some advertiser want's to sell.

What people really want is to see no ads at all. But they're not willing to pay for the services that are currently free becaus they're ad supported.

Many people have a very flawed view of how the world works.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote