View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
MALFUNCTION - I found, that the plugin deletes *ALL* collections, when setting the book list. Metadata-Management is set to automatic within my calibre.
After reconnecting the device to calibre, the collections are restored and the next-to-read-books are still staying...
Hi ThR,

Although this plugin doesn't do any updates to collections in the device, I think I can see a situation where the data I'm working with could get out of sync with the data on the device, and you could end up with something like you're describing.

I do a check when the action is invoked to make sure there are no device tasks running in the background in an atempt to avoid working on stale metadata. But I've just been able to verify that, if I time it right, I can get the action to start up just before the device metadata update task starts after Calibre detects the device. That would probably end up with my plugin making its updates to the book timestamps using stale cache.xml/media.xml content.

I'll put in a check to make sure this doesn't happen.

Does it sound like this might be the scenario you're running into?
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote