View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 AM   #15
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Actually, no one outside the state of Hawai'i seems to know there is an island called Hawai'i in addition to the entire island chain being named Hawai'i (ok, so I'm exaggerating...), so whenever I tell people I live *on* Hawai'i (the key word being "on" which denotes living on a specific island, whereas living *in* Hawai'i could be anywhere on the island chain), they still say "oh, which island?" to which I can answer "Hawai'i" and then they see "but what island?" and we go on and on. You can see how it turns into a "who's on second" type of conversation. sometimes I do engage in it, just for fun :P

So, I live on Hawai'i, in Hawai'i, on the biggest island, which does *not* contain Honolulu (which is not actually pronounced Hah-nah-loo-loo in the Hawaiian language, it is hoe-no-loo-loo); that's O'ahu.

Beer, anyone?
Q:So when you get your check from school, which Island do they send it to?

A: Hawai'i

Q: But which Island on Hawai'i?

Q: I just asked you a question, and you respond like a hoot owl. Have you gone completely Maui Wowie?

A: Second base!

Q: So if a teacher worked on Maui, where would they send her check?

Q: No wonder no one teaches on Maui!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote