View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
From the pictures I found, it looks like the Canon has about a 12 mm wide frame at its narrowest. The OpticBook frame, on the other hand, has a width of about 4 mm, so it can scan much closer to the spine than the Canon LiDE 700F.

I have the OpticBook 3600, and I have been quite happy with it, except for having to boot Windows to use it...
Well, I can go to a store and measure the frame on the Canon, to see if it is really so much more then on the Plustek.

I just took a random hardcover book, opened it and measured how much empty space there is between the spine and the text. I measured about 16 mm. So if the Canon really has a 12 mm frame, it would be very close ...

So maybe I should save some money and go for the Plustek.

However - are there other scanners that are good for books ?
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote